Black Dagger Brotherhood Beginnings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gathering place for the collective minds of BDBB to hash out Story Lines, discuss events and share ideas.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Phury 1.11.12

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fritzy
Admin
Fritzy

Phury 1.11.12 Empty
PostSubject: Phury 1.11.12   Phury 1.11.12 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:03 am

{Tying the laces of the last combat boot I stood up and stamped my prosthetic leg on the ground a couple of times, testing the new fit to make sure everything was secure. Vishous had recently redesigned the leg’s socket for better contact, less motion and a more comfortable fit. Thinking this was truly his best work to date, I grabbed my jeans jacket and dematerialized downtown. Taking form in a back alley off Trade Street I waited a moment to take in the sounds and smells of my surroundings. The night was thick and dark, even without a breeze I could hear the music from the Darkest Desires Nightclub several blocks up the street. A faint smell of garbage mingled with the rot coming out of the vacant buildings near by. No sickeningly sweet odor of Granny to signify the presence of Lessers.

Good Deal. Tonight I was on a mission, and not in the mood for a personal meet and greet with any of the Omegas Slayers. Exiting the alley I kept next to the brick walls of the buildings, using their shadows to stay semi concealed from the occasional passing car.

As I neared the Nightclub I began to pass the usual crowd of humans always seeming to hang on outside such places. Couples arguing or embracing, hookers soliciting for their next trick, drunks trying to remember where they’d parked and if they should opt for a taxi ride home. It was all so predictable and repulsive. <<Much like you there, Mate>>

Yes {I absently answered back to the ever-present partner in my own mind} very much like me.

{Reaching the club I made my way around to the rear entrance, hoping that I could find one of local dealers to complete my business quickly. It used to be that on any given night several “businessmen” could found frequenting this particular Nightclub. But lately it had become much more difficult to acquire the red smoke that I needed to see me through the night. <<Awe, not able to handle your own company without a buffer, maybe you should carry extra to hand around to those who have to deal with you>> Shaking my head to dislodge the Wizards chatter, I spy one of the men I had come looking for exiting out of the clubs rear door.

It only takes a few moments for supply and money to change hands. But the information is the same that I’ve heard already. Someone new was moving in to control the drug trade in Caldwell. Local dealers were having a harder time finding supply and many had vanished all together. Yet none seemed to have any idea who the new boss of the area might be, most were too scared to do much except look out for number one.

I watched as the dealer left and then walked to the very back of the darkened alley. Briefly considering how desolate my life would surely become without the bag I held tightly in my hand. Knowing then that I was going to have to make the disruption to the drug trade part of my business. Sighing, I dematerialized back to the loft I shared with my ghosts, the living ghost I called my twin…. and the Wizard who haunted my waking moments.}
Back to top Go down

Phury 1.11.12
Page 1 of 1